Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Chapter 40: E-commerce strategies applied to life




 I read this one article about the strategies of the E-commerce on how to deal with the challenges that they are facing and I find it interesting on their way on how to address the issue and move forward is by trust and being positive there there are still "good customers" out there. Of course there are other strategies but these two caught my attention that I think we can also apply in real life.

Trust will be the core of everything.

When you do not know a brand, trust will always be the hard to give. There would be a list of questions and you would look for review(s) just to make sure you are buying at the right company.

At the end of the day, we would never know if we would not try. Right?

Are you one of the people that are keen on trying new things so that you will not regret and there would be no what ifs? Or, are you a type of person who would like to have a loyalty award and buys a certain kind of stuff because you know, it is proven and tested already.

In life, I think I am more of a person who does not want to have regret, so I keep on trying different things, eating different cuisine, dressing up differently (sometimes), going somewhere I never been, basically being out there. These things made me know what I want in life. For example, I really do not like pickled stuff. I find it amazing that I like this date biscuits, they are my favorite. I am fascinated with snow. Spicy stuff is bad for my health, I get uncomfortable with new people, I like Moroccan bath. Waxing doesn't hurt that much as well as tattoo or maybe my pain tolerance is just high? The list can go on but the point is that, by doing things out of your bubble, you get to know yourself, little by little.

As we progress with life, we get to know ourselves and our understanding about this journey becomes wider. We start to respect others opinion, we stopped questioning how a certain person behaves towards us and we are beginning to control our own actual actions towards certain situations.

I realized that a person cannot be defined by his mistakes. A person is more than that. A person is complex and therefore, we need to see beyond their eyes and listen. As the technology in our surrounding is evolving, so are the social norms and relationships. Some situations are not acceptable before but now, everything is changing. Some changes are bad some are not but at some point in our life, we need to adapt - basic survival instinct.

Am I still making sense?

From trust issue to basic survival tips. That went north to south doesn't it?

There are still 'good customers' out there

A fintech (financial technology) guy in the article said “There is an outlier that is looking to outsmart you and defraud you. Do we build our business around that cohort? Or do we build a business around the majority of our customers, who generally have good intentions and just want a convenient experience?"  - I felt this.

In the world full of chaos, this statement is such an eye opener and it makes me happy that someone out there is investing and choosing to believe that there is still some good people out there.

I hope people will also choose to believe that there are still good side in everything. I wish people will not define someone based on the mistakes that they know about a certain people and I hope that "standards" will always be based on the goodness not by the society.

Life is already hard as it is, why not make it a better one? 

How? I am not sure. Maybe, start by listening?

Link for the article if you are interested: https://www.broadcastprome.com/case-studies/ott/e-commerce-strategies-for-streaming-services/


No comments:

Post a Comment