Friday, May 19, 2017

Struggles of a 25 year old in Millennial Age



Running towards the bus stop so I would be able to catch the bus while listening to my favorite song  and then riding on the train (music is non stop with maximum volume) and looking at the skyscrapers are my daily routine. Sometimes I observe people inside the metro. They are busy with their rectangular device that they are holding it as if their life depends on that thing. Some will just laugh while staring as if they are having a conversation, some can't help their fingers on dancing to that rectangular thing. They (including me) have their own little world in that thing and that is what makes today a Millenial Age. 

As I have tons of time inside the train I can't help but to think and realize different issues that I assume all of us are also wandering.

1. Money can't buy anything. Or is it?
 Is it just me or is it something wrong about this world that we are living? Gone are the days that people will just be happy playing street games and enjoying each other's company without the involvement of material things. I won't be naive here. I know we all need money because obviously it is a necessity when trading food back in historic times is not enough and they need more value but is money the only reason why we are living? Is being rich and to be able to escape the poverty our only motivation to survive this life? Is money really that important that we forget other "stuffs" that are "priceless" or do they also have a price tag behind their name? Our mind is so occupied with the thought that in our every move per second, their is a price that we are paying. I read a quote that said we are not only born to pay the bills but what does that even mean? Will our genuine happiness also cost something or we will be happy and contented with what we have, with the people that revolves in our lives. I think Earth's perception about life changed and it gets complicated when there are so many things get involved that contradict each other's virtue. 

2. All things are temporary. Even people.
At this age I saw people leave the door that I opened for them. Some have no choice but to go and some are because of the circumstances. 

"We just stopped talking" are one of the reason why we became strangers again. Or are we still friends? I'm not sure about it maybe someday we will again.

"It is not you, it is me." Have you heard of this one? Sometimes I find it funny listening to this ridiculous statement. Is this a compliment that it is not my fault that what we have ended or is it your way of telling that "you are not good enough and I found someone better." Whatever you perception is, it hurts. 

"It is too late." This one is the time when someone do not know what he wants and he just somehow go with the flow and no matter how hard I tried to make him stay, unfortunately others already arranged everything for him and maybe, just maybe the timing isn't right(?) 

The reasons will go on and the their 'reasonable lines' can compose a novel if we talked about it but I guess those doesn't matter because they are gone (well at least not literally). I (or we) gave them pieces of our hearts. Pieces that they took as a souvenir and we are left with memories that won't even fit the space because somehow those things are not enough to put back everything back again.

3. Small circle environment even if the world is square.
Did you ever have a feeling that somehow you don't fit in or you don't belong anymore? Your wants and perception seem to be different to the people around you and you somehow feel that maybe it is too much. You tend to make your circle small because having too many people who knows your life means more explaining and reasoning on what such thing is happening and it is not your cup of tea right now. You tend to spend less time on social media posting your whereabouts because it feels sharing too much. That sometimes it feels like your bed, pillows and a teddy bear is enough to fill your life - at least nobody could hurt you.

4. Nobody is alone in an island. Where is that island?
There are times my your teddy bear won't be able to fill that spot in my heart and I will feel alone. This is not what I planned. When I was in high school I planned to be married by 25 and when I think about it, I found it as a joke because here I am right now - struggling to be independent in a world of sand and sun. It is not that I regret living the life I am having, in fact I feel that I am blessed because even if this is not what I planned, it is far better than what I have imagined but I feel there is still something missing. Being independent is somehow a synonym of being strong but there are nights when you just feel weak. There are days when "how was your day?" "Are you ok?" "Did you eat?" "Have a great day!" matters. 

5. What is the Big Bang Theory?
The birth of the universe. How did it expand and collapsed. How did the world began? I tend to want to figure out everything but there are things that we should left how it is. Curiosity can kill the cat right? They said that everything happens for a reason but there are instances that I don't what to accept this and I want to justify. I want to find an answer to every WHY that I have in my head. I want to always have a BECAUSE in every question that comes out in my mouth. Those moments keep going until I get tired of asking the wind and writing in the ocean and just let things be.

6 What are dreams made of?
As I reached this age, I realized that dreams are not made of the nights when I imagined how my life would turn out. It doesn't stop with imagining in fact it just starts there. Little baby steps at a time. This is not a Cinderella life after all. Nothing is made over night. Things will never be easy all the time. Rejections, sacrifices, heartaches and choices are just some of the requirement to have that dream. Been there. Done that. And I realized there are so much more than what life has to offer to make my dreams possible. There are also surprises that I think it is too good to be true but it just happened.

Maybe some of you also have this realization and I know that you also have your own list. I know all of us are also struggling because we are aware that this world is broken and it is not an easy way that we are facing. 

There are things that breaks me - big time and perhaps you have your own version too. I gave pieces of me to various things / people that entered my life and not all of them ends up to a happily every after. Those pieces can never be returned even how much effort I put it back because maybe it is not supposed to be there anymore. I realized that maybe I could create something new on what is left and let it grow again hoping that I could give it to something / someone that is worth it. Breaking will always be there and we cannot control it. 

I figure out that life is a risk and the outcome on every single gamble is unpredictable. It is not even in our hands but what is left is how we look on every situation.

I think Millenial Age is not only about technology, money, travels, social lives and work. I think this era is more on choices and balance. Choices to be better and not allow these factors to be an arbab in our life. 

In this world were everything is complicated and broken, I guess it won't hurt much to be a little kinder, sweeter and more especially...more human.

No comments:

Post a Comment