Sunday, December 19, 2021

Chapter 38: Choose the heart that forgives


 


Someone I love told me "Why aren't you forgiving people? God forgives us so why can't you?"

It got me thinking.

How will you forgive someone who made you feel unwanted, disappointed and not worthy? How will you allow your heart to forget the things that tormented you? How would you let it go when you are used to have those kind of shadows at your back?

It is hard. Specially if I keep every pieces deep inside my heart but as I want to keep forward, maybe leaving the baggage behind along with 2021 is a good start.

We are all working in progress, I guess. Before, I thought I knew how life works. But for the past 5 months, I am seeing things differently. I am emotionally out of my comfort zone. It is scary most of the times. Scary being transparent to someone - feeding information to a person that you only keep to yourself is really hard. But somewhat rewarding that despite of those flaws, you feel secure, accepted, safe, you feel home.

I felt Isaiah 43:2 few days ago. 

It was when I was having a hard time convincing myself it is ok to be vulnerable and trust that it will be okay.

It was then that I prayed that whatever it maybe, I put my faith in You.

And that is when I walked through the "waters" with Him.

 It was refreshing to jump knowing someone would catch you no matter how high it is.

I will be forever grateful that He sent an instrument to me that can make my relationship with Him deeper than I could have ever image.

Forgiving is hard thing to do but I would like to believe that with the love for Him and with him, it would be easier. I would like to put my faith that love would be bigger than any burden and sorrow in the world. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment