Friday, October 25, 2019

Confession of a person who chooses to live far away from "family"



Sometimes life has its own way of manipulating things in your life. Most of the time it is not how we want it to be but as we all know, this so called life always knows what is best.

I lived 5 years away from all the people who meant so much. I chose to leave my comfort zone and decided to be in some foreign land that I know little about. It was scary not having the familiarity feeling anymore until the place this place becomes my platform of growth.

DETACHMENT

Nobody told me it will gonna be this hard. That day by day feeling where in you spoke less to those people that you used to talked to everyday. Suddenly the conversation becomes silence and there is nothing you can do but to watch them fade away. You'll start questioning everything and unconsciously, this feeling of isolation is conquering your soul until (for a moment) that spark that you have inside becomes nothing but a midnight sky.

PROTECTION

There would come a point in your isolation where in you need to be strong to be able to survive. I remember someone told me that this world is a jungle. You will be eaten alive if you show your weakness - as for me that is being kind. I saw the world changing and then I realized that this world is a huge variable that keeps changing everyday and the only constant thing is you- yourself.

ISOLATION

It is funny how I sometimes find a company in my isolation. I managed to create my own comfort bubble - knowing nothing but to take care of my own peace and sanity. Most people (I think) misunderstood the word isolation. As for me, walking away from people or burning some bridges isn't a bad thing if it results to maintain the emotional and mental balance.

FAMILY

Surprisingly, strangers treat me as family more than my own tribe. I have this expectation that the blood are supposed to protect me from the cruelty of the world but yep- expectation hurts. But hey, I'm still on the race, so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

A LETTER FROM ME TO YOU

Hey love, you might be experiencing self growth now, it might be hard - I know but keep the faith. You will get through this. Baby steps at a time. Life might be though but so are you. It might not be okay today - but someday it will. I guess that is what life is teaching us all this time - to have hope in every way possible. Hoping that we can see the end of the rainbow or witness the sun rise again. We might make mistakes along the way but there is no other way but to keep on making decisions and find out if it is best for us or not. It might not always be the way you want things to happen or the way you planned it but what the important things is you are still trying.


1 comment:

  1. well, there are really people who are worth burning bridges for.

    ReplyDelete