Sunday, October 21, 2018

Chapter 4: Confession of the girl who forgot self-love


The journey in Aladdin's castle still continues and I still feel like I am not Jasmine (or should I be?) I thought there would be a genie in the lamp where all my wishes will come true but all I found is a message in the bottle floating in the middle of the ocean. 


What is the message?

"Better things are coming" it says. 

Could it be the answer to all my "whys?"

While staring at the endless sand, for some reason I found myself waiting for snow to fall during summer time. As the sun rises so high, I keep praying for clouds teardrop until I realize that you cannot force nature to give what you expect at a certain period of time.

Little by little I feel like the water in jar is getting empty because I keep giving it to the people who were thirsty and by the time that I am experiencing drought, the demands become higher than what I am supplying. That is where the truth slap me. There were no available water everywhere. Even the cactus in the middle of the desert is not enough to ease the dryness that my soul is feeling.


When the time comes that you feel you are drowning by what you are feeling, when everything doesn't make sense and you started questioning all the possible possibilities that you will be ok; know that you are not alone in this journey.

Every once in a while, we forget some things because we are too focus on what we think matters to us. We tried to give the love we have to other people because we think that will make them stay. It should make them, that is the theory but the reality is no matter what we do, if those people are not for you, they are bound to leave.

In the process of making them stay, we abandoned ourselves - most of the time. The sad part is we are not aware of doing this until we are hurting. Until we feel that we are drained and we cannot give the love anymore. Try to think it this way, the tree will not bear fruits if root is rotten. The tree will eventually die, isn't it?

Don't worry, the tree can dry but sometimes, if we are lucky enough, the branch can become a complete new plant and by there, we can still grow to something new, something better.

We may not do anything about the past mistakes that we did. There are no turning backs. Damage has already been made. We are in the aftermath already. The good thing is during the aftermath, we can look at it as a new hope. Hope that there are better things coming. Now isn't that exciting? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment