Friday, May 24, 2024

Chapter 46: Waiting for the sun during the night

I guess all of us have those "unanswered prayers." Human as we are, we always long to have different goals at some point in our life. Does that mean we are not content with what God is giving us? We always ask him on various stuff that we think will make us happy. But will they make us genuinely happy?

We always ask for our purpose in life. There are times that we feel like we are lost and we need a redirection in life. We seem to be doing what we are not supposed to do because of such situation that we are in. If we figure out our purpose in life, will it make us happy? After knowing, will that be enough for us or we would like to know more?

As I grow old, I notice that people are preparing for the time that they will retire. Is it necessary? I figure out that it is. We need to take care of ourselves so when the time comes, we are covered. I did what I think is important so I can thank my young self when I needed them. Did my decision make me happy? Somehow yes, because I found peace knowing that I will somehow be okay.

Do you also feel like when your prayers are not answered, you become frustrated? You question everything and trying to justify why are you not getting "what you always wanted"? Have you also felt jealous with the people that have what you are praying for? We invite those negative thoughts to fill our empty hearts and in the end, it will still not give us what we want.

Someone said that "God will provide. In God's Time." 

That statement is true. No doubt.

But I also believe that an apple won't fall  in the tree without doing something.

God is merciful but faith without action is like waiting for sun during the night. No matter how long you wait, all you will see is the moon.

I finally realize that what is happening to us is always a blessing. Some are just disguise with tears and sleepless night. Some are covered with fear and rejection. Some are masked with a challenging day at work but most of the time it has a face of self doubt. 

I guess when God is not giving you what you want in life and all you left is time, that is still definitely a gift. Some doesn't time.

There are people who lost time. 

Some are running out of time.

So, when you think God is not giving you a "gift", He is giving you what you need. Just not in the form that you expect it to be.

It is your perception in life that makes it beautiful. 

No matter how bad the situation is, it is your mind who will make things bearable.

Make sure it is strong. Make sure it is bulletproof.

We may not know what tomorrow will be, but whatever it is, I hope you will be able to conquer it like how you did yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment